Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

Story Search Thread?

Other or miscellaneous topics of discussion. You can also post praises, criticism or proposals for the board administration here.
Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Story Search Thread?

Post by Survivor29 »

Maybe we could have a master thread where people ask for help finding stories either by type or a story they have previously read but have now lost? (Or whatever, I don't want to be super restrictive in how people ask their questions.)

Like, I think everyone knows there are heaps of stories on Literotica, for example, but 99% of them are god awful garbage and the filtering on that site is terrible. At least for me personally, I just can't stand wading through the ocean of garbage just to find 1 good well-written story.

So like, for example, I recently watched the last season of F is for Family and there is an episode where the wife (Sue) gets stuck at the hospital because after some kind of medical visit they won't release her unless her husband picks her up. It's not particularly erotic in the show or anything, but it definitely reminded me of a similar trope I've seen in some stories, especially modern slavery ones, where women get into some sort of sexy trouble at the hospital/doctor's and I'd like to ask people to refer me to stories (whether I have read them or not) with similar premises. E.g. a story where a clinic won't release a woman without a man to pick her up and they also won't return her clothes/purse/ID so she can't just run for it and has to wait in nothing but a gown or naked. Anything along those lines.

Thinking about searching for a story like that though, I know from experience, is a tedious process. I'd much rather just ask if anyone can think of one similar to that and then I that's where I got the idea of having a thread kind of focused around that kind of questions/answers.

SteveBurke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Story Search Thread?

Post by SteveBurke »

So basically asking people if they know where to find something?

No reason we can't do that. If it doesn't work out we can always delete it.
These users thanked the author SteveBurke for the post (total 2):
automagix12Hooked6
"Spread your legs and BEND OVER!" :twisted:

Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Survivor29 »

In the mean time, nobody has any suggested stories for what I am looking for?

Freight_Train
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Freight_Train »

Survivor29 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:47 am<snip>I think everyone knows there are heaps of stories on Literotica, for example, but 99% of them are god awful garbage and the filtering on that site is terrible. At least for me personally, I just can't stand wading through the ocean of garbage just to find 1 good well-written story.
I can't solve your problem, but you might get a bit better organized. Despite some faults, Literotica stories are generally well written and well edited and formatted - a big plus. If you find an author you like, then make a bookmark directly to that author's list of stories. That is particularly useful if the author is still writing. Literotica has author story collections going back 15 years or so - many of whom are no longer writing. I follow a number of Literotica authors (including Joe Doe!) and I can scan them all to see if anything new is posted in just a few minutes.

A similar approach works on other sites, e.g. Lush Stories. There are not so many stories so you can simply scan what's new. Again, keep an eye out for authors you like. If you collect stories - that is, save a copy - Lush Stories is a bit more challenging but where there is a will, there's a way.

On both sites above (and on many others), if you open a story, the website may direct you to similar stories. Follow that direction. Literotica has another useful feature: if you find an author you like, you can see what stories have been added to that author's 'favorites' list. Those 'favorites lists' have been a great resource - particularly if you find an author with similar tastes, or even just discerning tastes. A similar approach also works on the now-inactive-but-still-online BDSM Library.

On most sites, you can search by key words - e.g. slavery or medical or nurse - and you might find stories (or, more importantly, authors) of interest. On Literotica, the list is usually ordered with the most highly rated stories at the top.

I would not let the sheer volume of material on Literotica be off putting. There is a lot of gold to be dug on that site. Learn to use various site features to find what you're looking for.

Freight_Train
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Freight_Train »

One more thought: On many sites, it helps if you register, so do this, particularly if it's free. Registering may open up a search engine (or a better search engine) and may give you access to some other site features. Plus, you can leave feedback and comments on the stories you like. I know some (most?) authors on Literotica pay attention to ratings and comments - they even write back.