Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

Question of Commenting

Other or miscellaneous topics of discussion. You can also post praises, criticism or proposals for the board administration here.
Calico_Chimera
Commenter
Commenter

Question of Commenting

Post by Calico_Chimera »

Is it okay to comment on old stories which may no longer be on the first page? I don't want people to get angry at me for necro-posting if this group frowns upon it.

Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Question of Commenting

Post by Survivor29 »

I am not an admin, but I have personally found the whole "necroing" thing to usually be an incredibly stupid hyper nerd attitude which just stifles perfectly sincere and productive discussions.

But I would also venture a guess that that is perfectly fine here as the admins are pretty chill and the forum population is pretty low so there is hardly any chance of "necro'd" discussions getting in the way of new ones.
These users thanked the author Survivor29 for the post:
SteveBurke

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

I can see no problem if somebody adds a reasonable comment on an older story. Please go ahead.
Good girls will not be spanked here :D

SteveBurke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SteveBurke »

Calico_Chimera wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:05 am Is it okay to comment on old stories which may no longer be on the first page? I don't want people to get angry at me for necro-posting if this group frowns upon it.
I am Admin, site owner, and author of some stories. I have no problem with people commenting on stories that have dropped off the first page. Feedback from readers is the only reward that authors get, and it's always welcome. It might also serve to bring the story to the attention of others who might not have seen it yet.

This is a small forum, catering for an obscure niche group. Any and all activity helps keep it alive, and authors are always grateful to hear that someone has enjoyed their story. Feel free to offer your comments!
These users thanked the author SteveBurke for the post (total 2):
Survivor29Hooked6
"Spread your legs and BEND OVER!" :twisted:

gary
Established Author
Established Author

Post by gary »

And of course, one might be a new member just starting to read stories, or an established member, who happens to find a story they missed, or re-read a story and have new thoughts on. So yes I think its fine to comment on old stories.