Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

file named "StripSearch for Dummies"?

Introduce yourself here!
bayviewrocks
Commenter
Commenter

file named "StripSearch for Dummies"?

Post by bayviewrocks »

I'm new (I mean here, not on earth) and I am not very good at understanding the conventions of how things work. Think poor old man who's kinda sad at understanding techworld. I have never even owned a smart phone and live in North Idaho where there is no cell service. I have never sent a text in my life.
So..............I have been ricocheting around the site, find a story, then can't find chapter two.
Please, is there an instructional file that will explain how to start at a posted story chapter at the beginning and find the other chapters through to the end. I have found links to Literotica. I am beginning to understand this is more of a chat site on topic for authors, so why partial story posts? why not all of a story, or none?
I have a long history as a technical writer, but I just don't have the imagination to flesh out a narrative with those wonderful things you guys segue into.
I have noticed people searching for idea for stories. Are you kidding me??? So many undeveloped side characters and experiences. I thirst and there is no sideways water. (lame metaphor huh?).
No seriously, what is the map/outline of the site. I don't get it.
These users thanked the author bayviewrocks for the post:
bertrumm00057

SteveBurke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: file named "StripSearch for Dummies"?

Post by SteveBurke »

Firstly: there is a reason why many stories are posted in chapters. Some are very long, and the author probably wants to get their work posted so others can enjoy. They might also appreciate the feedback and take it on board when writing subsequent chapters.

As to finding said chapters: that can be difficult I acknowledge. Threads in the "Member stories" section will be bumped by the most recent post, so they won't necessarily be displayed in order. But regular contributors have their own section that they can post stories in, making it easier. I myself have a "Story archive" thread where I post my stories as files so that readers can easily browse and download the ones they want to read.
These users thanked the author SteveBurke for the post (total 2):
bertrumm00057bayviewrocks
"Spread your legs and BEND OVER!" :twisted:

searchem
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: file named "StripSearch for Dummies"?

Post by searchem »

This site also has a 'search' function, located on the left side of the home page, next to the FAQ button, which seems to work pretty well. Simply enter the story name in the 'keywords' field and hit search. Then scroll through the results to find the chapter your looking for. Or enter the author's name for a full list of his or her stories. There are other options that you may use to fine tune the search if you feel the need.
These users thanked the author searchem for the post (total 2):
SteveBurkeautomagix12
"Bendover and spread'em girl"