Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

Archives from yahoo groups

Archive of stories by our SS members. You may post as text, files or links. Only authors with three or more stories can request a thread here.
jaws
Shark
Shark

Archives from yahoo groups

Post by jaws »

Hi, enclosed are backups of the contents of SS4 and SS6 emails, respectively. At a later date I may upload the images and attachments.

The files are in chronological order with the message id and the subject, so eg 1 - first message.txt. This was the most sane way of naming them I could think of. I repeated the subject line and added a from line at the top of each file so the author could be identified.

Why are some numbers missing?
Some messages are missing because they were inaccessible at the time of scraping. This could be because they were deleted by an admin, for example.

The subjects may not be exactly as they were on the group because I sanitized them, to prevent filesystem errors (eg having a '/' in a filename would not work on some machines).

Please let me know if there are any errors as I have not gone through them.

I may make some html files that are viewable in your internet browser in the future.

E: cleaned them up a little bit, line breaks should work slightly better although there seem to be random ones in the html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users thanked the author jaws for the post:
EvilKnievel

donnabarber
Established Author
Established Author

Re: Archives from yahoo groups

Post by donnabarber »

It told me the files were invalid. I downloaded them but WinZip refused to recognise them as valid files.

Diver
Commenter
Commenter

Post by Diver »

Ss4 worked, but ss6 had permission problems when trying to unzip

jaws
Shark
Shark

Post by jaws »

donnabarber wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:12 pm It told me the files were invalid. I downloaded them but WinZip refused to recognise them as valid files.
Was this for both SS4 and 6 or just 6?

Either way, I've attached a version of SS6 rezipped using a different utility. If this works but SS4 doesn't I will rezip SS4, if it still doesn't work I'll try a rar file or something but it may be an issue with filenames. Permissions should be fixed at least, but if this continues to throw errors please be as detailed as possible in reporting the issue.

E: Okay, I uploaded versions of the zip files that should fix the permission errors at least in the original post, please redownload

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

Both ZIP files worked for me, OK
Good girls will not be spanked here :D

Chance
Commenter
Commenter

Post by Chance »

Wow, thanks!

Both worked fine for me. For those having trouble unzipping, try 7-Zip.

Diver
Commenter
Commenter

Post by Diver »

SS6 rezip now works fine

donnabarber
Established Author
Established Author

Post by donnabarber »

Eventually they both worked - thanks!