Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

Movie recommendation

Post your on-topic video clips in file format MP4 or FLV here. Animated GIFs are also welcome. Hint: Use the Attachments tab. MAX. FILESIZE IS 9 MBYTES!
Freight_Train
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Movie recommendation

Post by Freight_Train »

A must-see 'big deal' movie from 1975 is The Image from director Radley Metzger.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073589/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_9

This is a great watch for several reasons. First, it was based on a good novel The Image aka The Punishment of Ann by Catherine Robbe-Grillet (writing as Jean de Berg). A good novel is a great starting place for any film. If there is interest, I can post the novel in ePub or text format (it's a very good read).

Next, Radley Metzger is a very good and quite prolific director. He knows how to convey a story through images. Furthermore, he's done a bunch of films in the erotic genre - some were great, some just so-so, but he was at the top of his game with The Image. This was cinematographer Robert Lefebvre's last film. With over 130 films to his credit, he knows his way around the camera!

Finally the film has an attractive and quite believable cast - rather challenging considering the story content. And the star, Mary Mendum is very easy on the eyes.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0111736/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

As Claire's slave girl, she was first billed and deserved it. Some of the film's scenes are quite intense and Ms Mendum is up to the acting job. She also did several other revealing films, but she will always be remembered for The Image. This film includes a couple of stripping scenes plus a truck load of other kinks.

There's a 15 minute 'preview' or analysis of the film on Youtube - it may be enough to whet your appetite (or make you join an order of monks). FWIW, either the DVD or BD print of this film is excellent - much better quality than this Youtube thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L48CJJMM-o

You can buy the film in DVD or Blu-ray format on eBay or Amazon - it's not that pricey.

If you go to bitcq.com and search for "the.image 1975" (without the quotes) there are several torrent prints available. I could not find a complete upload of the film on Youtube.

If you go to libgen.is and search fiction for 'de Berg, Jean' you can download the novel in ePub format.

Remember the immortal words of P.F.Dee, 'because life is too short for bad smut' 8-)
These users thanked the author Freight_Train for the post (total 4):
automagix12ragnarSteveBurkeBelinda

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Re: Movie recommendation

Post by automagix12 »

Very interesting find, thank you. Following your instructions I could download the e-book (in German). BTW it is not necessary to install a special epub reader software, one can simply extract the HTML files, the ".epub" is simply a Zip compressed archive file. There were, alas, no images at all in the epub (most epubs usually have a cover image included, which is optional).

Freight Train: could you please post some photos from the movie here in this thread?

"Story of O" will always remain my favorite BDSM movie, but I can imagine that "The Image" is also worth while watching.
Good girls will not be spanked here :D

Freight_Train
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Movie recommendation - more on Libgen.is

Post by Freight_Train »

The English language version ePub of The Image is on libgen.is. In fact, there are 2 uploads of this, both of which have 4 mirror links. The following should be a direct link to one of the mirrors.

http://93.174.95.29/fiction/5A619286C5C ... DFBCCB118C

Libgen.is is a rather cryptic website (aren't they all?). It's probably better to access any book in the vast collection through the search engine (the 'search results' page). On the search results page, once you find the title of interest, you can click on the title and (usually) get more information on that title (the information page). From most 'information pages', you can simply click on the 'Get' button. Or, if you are on the 'search results' page, the mirror links should be on the right side of the page , looking like this

[1] [2] [3] [4]

There is an ePub cover image included on the information page (pretty typical of ePubs)

[image]5a619286c5c24618333db7dfbccb118c[/image]

If you are a comic fan, libgen has just about every comic ever published. In the search engine, select 'comics'.

libgen.is and uloz.to (select the English language version) should be go-to bookmarks for every person who likes to read. Both sites are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !
Last edited by Freight_Train on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Freight_Train for the post:
automagix12

Freight_Train
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Freight_Train »

automagix12 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:40 pm<snip>"Story of O" will always remain my favorite BDSM movie, but I can imagine that "The Image" is also worth while watching.
Readers: there are numerous copies of Story of O on libgen.is - in just about any language known to man. Search fiction, 'Story of O', field 'title'.

The novel Story of O is a good read. The Juste Jaekin directed, Corinne Clery starred-in movie is a good watch. Unfortunately, there is a lot of talking - way too much, IMHO - rather than conveying the story through images. Perhaps the worst example of this in all movie-dom (the 'too-much-talkey' syndrome) was the sci-fi flick Dune. Criminy, the film was really an audio book with a few images tossed in. But, I digress.

In the English dubbed-audio version of Story of O (both the Sommerville DVD/BD edition and the French-released DVD edition, maybe others), a significant scene is omitted near the end of the movie. Who knows why? This scene is included in the French- and Spanish-audio versions of the film. The scene, at an outdoor cafe on the Cote d'Azur, is not risque but it does help to tie this difficult story together and give some insight into the motivations of O and also Jacqueline. Later that same day, following this cafe meeting (and perhaps because of the meeting), Jacqueline finally agrees to go to Roissy. The movie has a variant ending from the novel but it is not too bad. The new ending does connect well to an earlier scene wherein O meets Pierre on a Paris street (Pierre was a sort of 'slave master' at Roissy).

The Juste Jaekin/Corinne Clery film was not the only filmed version of 'Story of O'. French Director Éric Rochat produced a 10-part French/Italian TV series of this story starring Claudia Cepede as 'O'.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147791/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_4

This series was elegantly done and quite faithful to the novel. It is available on DVD, although wading through ten 30-minute episodes may be a bit much for all but the most die-hard fans.

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

Thank you very much. BTW there have been multiple sequels to "Story of O" in commercial films / videos. I have maanged to buy a collector's package with 5 DVDs some years ago.
See also this entry here on imdb:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087412/

If you are interested in classic literature on BD/SM, I defintely can recommend to you Marquis de Sade. For example "Justine". One might think, hey, this guy was an aristocrat who lived in the 18th century, isn't all his stuff outdated? NO! I can reassure you, his writings are quite entertaining and show his broad knowledge. His focus is on human nature, this will always be of interest.
These users thanked the author automagix12 for the post:
Camry23
Good girls will not be spanked here :D

Freight_Train
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Freight_Train »

automagix12 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:40 pm<snip>Freight Train: could you please post some photos from the movie here in this thread?
I don't have any stills, but I'm working on it.

Meanwhile, here is a much better Youtube video for The Image. It has an obnoxious voice-over track, so you may want to turn off the audio and just watch the clips from the film. The scenes depicted are taken from all parts of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKZz2v_4IrM
These users thanked the author Freight_Train for the post:
automagix12