Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

Another Question

gary
Established Author
Established Author

Another Question

Post by gary »

I just invented an idea of a slave-on-slave auction where slaves bid on other slaves, or in this case free women. In the context of the story it could be something one of the characters made up, but could anyone think of an idea how it could work? Using the rule that slaves can't own anything, what would they bid with? I do have them biding in low denominations (below $10) but in the story they are using the bids as a form of insult. One slave bids $1000 for Amy and wins her. For clarification this happens among the caged slaves in the truck, and the drivers accept it (or they are just playing along). The most obvious thing slave would trade would be sex or favors, but since slave would be separated, either by cages, pens or just distance, how could they pay the auction price?
I literately just thought of this while writing the story (and wrote it into the story) so I haven't reasoned it out.

Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Another Question

Post by Survivor29 »

Well, I don't know if it fits into your story setting, but it could be that slaves are bidding on behalf of their masters. I like the idea that slaves can't own property, but I feel like it's limited if they are OBLIGATED to be naked all the time. I just feel like it limits what you can write.

I feel similarly about jobs. Sure, businesses can outright own slaves, but then there is the cost of room and board to consider still! What if slaves could work? I mean, just because a girl becomes a slave doesn't mean she loses all her skills as a nurse or whatever! The business could save by paying a reduced slave rate and of course that pay would be deposited into the slave owner's bank account. Better for the business as it pays lower rates and doesn't have to worry about housing, and better for the owner who makes a little cash off his slave who might otherwise have nothing to do. There is a finite amount of house chores to be done and surely owners have their own lives and jobs sometimes!

orflash64
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by orflash64 »

I just don't see how slave on slave auction could work, doesn't make sense.
But maybe Truth or Dare competition. Kinda like Westbound with the slaves forcing the reporter to get on their level as they get her to talk about things they wouldn't talk to a slave or anyone else about.
A picture is worth a thousand words, a picture of a beautiful nude lady, priceless.

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

Maybe the idea could work if the bidding slaves do not have real money. Instead, they are given something like Monopoly money, i.e. pieces of paper with a figure on it, like 50, or 100.
That way, they could not buy anything real in a shop, and the rule that slaves cannot own property is left intact. The Monopoly money can only be used for the slave bidding game... Just an idea, hope it helps.
Good girls will not be spanked here :D

Hooked6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Hooked6 »

Yeah, "SLAVE MONEY!" What a concept. They could earn SLAVE MONEY by doing things that are ostensibly illegal on behalf of their owners and could use it to improve their food quality, size of their cages, or in this case, bid on slaves.

Interesting idea.

Hooked6
These users thanked the author Hooked6 for the post:
automagix12

GreyRose
Established Author
Established Author

Post by GreyRose »

Looks to me like there are several good ideas to play with.

A slight alteration on the concept, what if the slave girls gambled for the free women? The guards hear the slaves talking about what they would bid for Amy or another free woman in the vicinity and when the comment 'win the bid' is heard one of the guards gets an idea and hands the slave girls a deck of cards. There is that gap at the bottom of the cage door, a slave girls hand might be slender enough to be able to slip through and deal cards. The highest hand wins the free woman.

Maybe the free woman gets talked into a form of strip poker. The slaves will trade a personal memory for an item of the woman's clothing or maybe a kiss or a shoulder or foot massage at the next rest break where the girls are out of their cages.

(if the one dealing the cards got enslaved to avoid jail time for cheating at gambling, she might have some unexpected dealing tricks to 'stack the deck' against the free woman.

imreadonly2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by imreadonly2 »

One variation on this idea was in one of the Gor Novels they briefly mentioned a "Festival of Slaves", where for a weekend free women could put on short slave tunics and collars and pretend to be slaves, and their owners could give their slaves the day off and let them be the free people and run the estate. So the slave girl might have a chance to order the Mistress about, and make her do chores.

How far can this go? Could she send her out to "slave service" the guys who mow the lawn, or bring her down to the slave market for an assessment? Perhaps free women get bragging rights in their social circle for having the most 'authentic' slave experience. :D
These users thanked the author imreadonly2 for the post:
dtrelsky

GreyRose
Established Author
Established Author

Post by GreyRose »

I had another idea, some military's have a game with a challenge coin. Where the person that has the encounter with the highest ranking individual wins.

I thought that slave girls might play a similar game where they relate special events trying to top each other. It might be an auction where they got a special reaction from the crowd, or maybe a particular adventure they had as a slave. The one that gets the most reaction from the others is the winner.

The winner could have the others do chores for her or she gets to order them about for a time. This would be a game that a free woman would not have much to bid with and so would end up loosing.

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

imreadonly2 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:32 am One variation on this idea was in one of the Gor Novels they briefly mentioned a "Festival of Slaves", where for a weekend free women could put on short slave tunics and collars and pretend to be slaves, and their owners could give their slaves the day off and let them be the free people and run the estate. So the slave girl might have a chance to order the Mistress about, and make her do chores.
Imreadonly, I am pleased to see that the classic texts have not been forgotten. I remember the Gor novels, some were indeed very good. The "Kajuralja" festival was mentioned in almost every volume.
I can affirm that the slave girls were allowed to wear clothes for a day and a night. (I don't remember that owner and slave could swap their roles, i.e. the free women received orders, maybe I forgot.)

Another interesting concept of the Gor novels was Slave Prostitution: an enslaved women was sent to a certain well-known place or street, to offer her body for money. Attached to her neck by a chain was a locked box which had a slot for coins. In the evening, the slave girl returned to her owner who would retrieve the money... This was of course done because the free man had debts or lack of money.

gary
Established Author
Established Author

Post by gary »

I had tried to post this before but it disappeared.
A thought had bubbled up that slaves might pay in pain. They offer so many strokes of the whip, or something like it as payment for something. The whipping would be done by a cooperative slave monger or master, and the slave being paid would witnesses it. I had even considered slaves themselves would inflict the pain. This certainly would reduce the problem of inflation. Of course masochists would make out like a bandit.

imreadonly2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by imreadonly2 »

"Another interesting concept of the Gor novels was Slave Prostitution: an enslaved women was sent to a certain well-known place or street, to offer her body for money. Attached to her neck by a chain was a locked box which had a slot for coins. In the evening, the slave girl returned to her owner who would retrieve the money... This was of course done because the free man had debts or lack of money."

Yes, one could image a SLAVE-SERVICE app, where you could use your phone app to look up the hourly rental fee for a slave girl left in a hotel lobby kiosk. You could use your phone app to make a charge on your credit card, and unlock the girl from her coffle, rather like a CITI BIKE in New York or a GO BIKE in San Francisco. A master could add his girl to the KIOSK, and if her grade was satisfactory, lock her up until he choose to retrieve her, or until she earned a specified amount of cash and he was notified on his phone that she had earned the targeted amount. Masters typically got 50% of the proceeds, although the amount could go as high as 70% for girls who generated sufficient sales volume.

The program is actually opened for anyone with an official slave grade, so it's quite possible for mom or big sister to decide to defer the cost of a trip to New York or London with a day in the kiosk. Perfectly legal, and a great way to pay for that shopping trip on 5th Avenue, but a bit embarrassing if the poor girl happens to encounter someone she knows.
These users thanked the author imreadonly2 for the post:
dtrelsky

Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Survivor29 »

automagix12 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:10 am
imreadonly2 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:32 am One variation on this idea was in one of the Gor Novels they briefly mentioned a "Festival of Slaves", where for a weekend free women could put on short slave tunics and collars and pretend to be slaves, and their owners could give their slaves the day off and let them be the free people and run the estate. So the slave girl might have a chance to order the Mistress about, and make her do chores.
Imreadonly, I am pleased to see that the classic texts have not been forgotten. I remember the Gor novels, some were indeed very good. The "Kajuralja" festival was mentioned in almost every volume.
I can affirm that the slave girls were allowed to wear clothes for a day and a night. (I don't remember that owner and slave could swap their roles, i.e. the free women received orders, maybe I forgot.)

Another interesting concept of the Gor novels was Slave Prostitution: an enslaved women was sent to a certain well-known place or street, to offer her body for money. Attached to her neck by a chain was a locked box which had a slot for coins. In the evening, the slave girl returned to her owner who would retrieve the money... This was of course done because the free man had debts or lack of money.
This is like what I was trying to suggest except that it isn't restricted to only prostitution. I could see lots of interesting ways this could play out. For example, if the protagonist is a teacher or a nurse and she doesn't realize that her colleague is actually a slave who is subtly trying to get her enslaved too!

And if slaves are in the economy not just for sex or manual labour, but for cheap advanced skills (at least for women), then it's that much harder for a free woman to keep her career/life together and stay a free woman!

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

I can see your point :thumbup:

imreadonly2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by imreadonly2 »

There was another passage in the Gor Novels, where a free woman is pretending to be a slave, and her employee/guard takes her to a slaving house. At the door she almost goes through "slave search" before her "master" steps in and rescues her. :oops:

Later, she gets very worried as the slaver casually offers a price on her, and her "master" appears to consider the offer, and they discuss her finer points.

Later, when they return to her house, he leaves her in the alley for a moment. A stranger comes by, thinking that she has been left out "for use", until her "master" returns and rescues her at the last moment.

There's a lot of erotic tension in these scenes, with the free woman's dignity and freedom dangling by a thread as her "masquerade" puts her in the most vulnerable situation imaginable.

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

You're right, man. The fascinating thing about the Gor novels is that it starts incredibly fast in volume #1. Most aspects and basic rules have been explained when you (the reader) have finished the first book. Talena, the heroine of the first book, is a free woman at first, and becomes enslaved. A real masterpiece of fiction!
(I have all volumes, i.e. more than 20. I don't think they are available in the market today. One must say that the story quality is varying, there were volumes which I thought, well, the author could have performed better. Another nuisance were the lengthy descriptions of things I wasn't interested in, like plants or battles. But anyway, a milestone in fantasy slavery literature, IMHO. )

Diver
Commenter
Commenter

Post by Diver »

Actually 35 and he is still writing, they are available on Amazon :D :D
These users thanked the author Diver for the post (total 2):
automagix12jeepster

gary
Established Author
Established Author

Post by gary »

Have to admit I haven't giving much thought about women with professional skills being enslaved. Perhaps Doctors, lawyers and such have some protection against enslavement. I have though some older slaves might end up working in child care or old age homes. But I have not explored the idea beyond that.

automagix12
Site Operator
Site Operator

Post by automagix12 »

Gary: Having read numerous stories of the genre, I can say what I've read in another story: That author has set his story in a fictional Arab country. Of course, the young and pretty slaves were to serve (sexually) in a Harem. When they grew older, they were either released with some money, or they could become a "matron". The matrons had multiple important tasks around the Harem, for example cooking, chores, child care etc., but also they could be used to dominate or punish the slave girls. (I admit that this does not completely match your story universe. Also, I think I recall that the matrons received wages, but I'm not sure.)
The important point to me here is the psychological situation, as some of the matrons were envious for the slave girls' beauty, some were loathing or brutal, being sexually frustrated. I think there is much potential in this concept...