Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

143 people strip searched at concert

For the discussion of Strip-search related topics.
Hooked6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

143 people strip searched at concert

Post by Hooked6 »

Police strip-searched 16-year-old girl at Splendour music festival, inquiry hears

In alleged breach of search powers, a girl was forced to appear naked before an officer without parents or carer present

On Monday the New South Wales Law Enforcement Conduct Commission opened a four-day inquiry into the allegedly unlawful strip-search of the girl at the 2018 Splendour in the Grass festival near Byron Bay.

In NSW, police are only permitted to carry out field strip-searches if the urgency and seriousness of the situation requires it. In the case of minors a parent or guardian must be present unless an immediate search is deemed necessary to protect the person or prevent evidence being destroyed.

The commission heard evidence that drugs were found in less than 10% of the 143 strip-searches carried out at the festival.

Seems a lot of strip searches were performed at this music festival for such a low yield. This may have already been posted - if so forgive the duplicate.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... uiry-hears

SteveBurke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 143 people strip searched at concert

Post by SteveBurke »

"The commission heard evidence that drugs were found in less than 10% of the 143 strip-searches carried out at the festival."

Cops are very fond of throwing their weight around. Sadly, they aren't so good at catching actual criminals.
"Spread your legs and BEND OVER!" :twisted:

mikey22
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 143 people strip searched at concert

Post by mikey22 »

Reading this reminded me of an Ozzy Osborne concert me and my wife attended in the early 90’s. Of course there’s pot smoke everywhere.
But when the concert was finally over. And we were leaving. The police like had this blitz going on. There were blue lights everywhere pulling random cars over.
Considering how much pot smoking and drinking going on. It was probably a busy night at the jail.
And possibly a lot of strip searching. I know there was a lot of sexy looking women dressed like total sluts, that sure would have been entertaining to see them take it all off.
These users thanked the author mikey22 for the post:
SteveBurke