Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

The History Lesson, by Joe Doe

Proud, educated, professional women who secretly long for humiliation, discipline, or slavery have their fantasies fulfilled.
imreadonly2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The History Lesson, by Joe Doe

Post by imreadonly2 »

“Ah, Miss Gadson, a pleasure to meet you in person. Is this your first visit to our fair city of Charleston? Yes? How pleasant. Have you had any time to see any of the historic sites, perhaps? No? Yes, I understand that you’re here on business. Yes, that is true, there is always a dollar to be made.

So, what do you think of our shop here on Broad Street? It’s quite historic, and has been here over 200 years. If you had been here 200 years ago, you’d be standing at the center of the city’s largest business. What, you didn’t know? Ha, ha, my dear, you really do need to take a tour. Why slavery, of course! Payne & Sons was one of the busiest auction houses in the low country. We moved quite a bit of chattel through these doors. Or under that arch to the back, the one with the iron bars. Yes, the interior is a bit different – we’re a bar now, but we still have the original bars, and brick, and the fascinating history.

Not interested in black history? I would say, sugar, it’s not black history, but American history. Your ignorance of our ways is why you should take a tour. Did you know that in colonial times, young ladies might be sold into an indenture to pay a debt? Take yourself, for example. You’re visiting us from New York, I believe? May I ask if you are married? No? Of course, you’re not married, a pretty young thing like you. Have your fun while you can, that’s what I say.

Yes, I understand you’re quite wealthy. Yes, I understand you own the building, and don’t care about the history. But you should still take heed. In Charleston, it’s amazing how quickly fortunes can change. One day you’re the owner, the next day you’re the owned.

Do you like the windows, and the tin roof? They're original. Lovely for a bar, or for selling all sorts of goods. Lots of natural light, and the chance for customers to see in. Goods must been seen to be sold.

Oh, I’m sorry, are you warm? How rude of me! Here’s a nice glass of sweet tea. Yes, drink up. I’m sorry, but I can’t bear to air condition the place. That’s why I wear this simple work shirt and pants, just like the owner did 200 years ago. Cool, and rather a timeless look. The tourists like the colonial garb. My, you are thirsty! Here, let me pour you another glass.

Oh, yes, I understand that you bought the property, and want to raze it for condos. Always a dollar to be made. But I really must object. What you don’t understand is that in Charleston isn’t New York. Here, you start off owning a historic property, and after a while, the property owns you.

You look a little dizzy. Here, maybe you want to step outside, into the alley. Oh, my goodness, I should have warned you about that first step! Oh, look at you, covered in mud. No worry, let me take you out back, and you can get cleaned up. Yes, the city should pave this alley, and get rid of all that horse poop. I’m sure they will, hundreds of years from now.

Still dizzy? No worries, my dear, I will take care of everything. Just step into this house here. This is one of the inventory preparation areas. Just step behind this curtain. You’ll see there’s a wash tub there, filled with warm water, just waiting for you. Yes, just hand me your muddy things, and I can dispose of them. Dispose of them for cleaning, of course.

Still dizzy? It’s okay, I’m in charge now. Yes, your underwear, too. Everything off, right down to the skin. Let’s have those panties, too. Naked as nature intended. You wouldn’t buy a pig or a goat wearing underpants, would you?

Just relax in the tub, and give yourself a good scrub. Oh, too narrow to sit? Just stand, and splash yourself, and give yourself a good scrub. There’s some soap there on the floor. Oh, yes, it’s a bit rough. That’s wood ash lye soap. Made just down the street. The finest in 17th century Charleston. But it will get you clean, Jessica. You don’t mind if I call you Jessica? Seems quite silly to call you Miss Gadson, now that you have no clothes, and are quite naked.

Scrub-a-dub-dub! Don’t forget to give yourself a good wash behind your ears, and between the legs. No you just wash up, why I get rid of these dirty clothes of yours. Really, Jessica, what a dirty little piggy you are. I bet you’d squeak when I run you naked down the street. I’ll give them to one of my slave--- servants, out by the fireplace in back. Oh, look your purse has some mud on it it, too. Yes, it all has to go, out to the fireplace. It’s where we heat the branding irons. You get washed up…

I’m back. Are you done yet? Take your time. I’m quite enjoying the show. No, I’ll stay on this side of the curtain. But I can rather clearly see your silhouette. You have quite a lovely figure, Jessica. You’d fetch quite nice price on the sales floor, Jessica. No, not as am indenture. With your long dark, curly hair and brown eyes, I’d sell you as a fancy.

Oh, my, you really do need to take the history tour. A fancy is a mixed-race girl, typically sold as a bed warmer, or a concubine. Sometimes they used them for breeding as well, with some of the dark black studs. You’re white, you say? Nonsense! We’ll put an adorable little brand on that cute little bottom of yours, a large, delicate, lovely cursive P, for Payne and Sons. There’d be no more foolishness about you being white once you were properly branded, and standing naked in the market place, for all the buyers to see… and feel.

Oh, you want your clothes back? Oh, you do sound nervous. Not feeling quite so powerful, now with no clothes, naked in a slave market. No identification, no clothes, quite alone in the world.

You want your things back? My, how demanding you are. Let me oblige you, to the extent that your reduced circumstances allow. Here’s a large towel. Dry off, and wrap yourself. A bit short… no problem. We’ll get you setup straight away. Right through this door, my dear.

Still dizzy? It will wear off, eventually. Here we are, back in the front room. Yes, it's the same room. See the tin ceiling, and all those people looking in through the windows. Why those are the customers, of course, waiting for us to open. Waiting to see you, Jessica.

Why are all these naked women chained to the wall? Why, because this is where I sell my best stock my dear. Now, just stand still why I put this iron collar around your neck. Snap goes the lock! Now, I’ll have those earrings, and that ring, too. Slaves don’t get to wear such fine jewelry, and I’ll have a good price for them, and you as well.

Now, let’s take off that towel. Ah, very nice! Is that a B cup? Understandable, as I’m selling you as ¼ black. And I see you shaved. That’s nice. A lot of the buyers like that. No, don’t pull away. Let me give that pussy of yours a nice rub. That’s the money maker. You had a quite a bit of money in your purse, but it’s the purse between your legs that is going to really bring in the gold coins.

Now, don’t make a fuss, Jessica. The blacksmith will be in soon, and we’ll be past all this nonsense about you being white. Yes, a lovely P, right on your slave girl ass.

Go ahead, tell your new master you’re a real estate broker from 200 years in the future, while he’s trying to fuck you. You’ll earn yourself a paddling, and a steel bit in your mouth, to stop your crazy talk.

No, you ARE a slave girl, Jessica, and I’m going to brand your ass and sell you, after I open the front doors, and all the buyers get a nice long feel. See? Your name is already in my ledger. Jessica Gadson, 25 years old, quardroon. There’s a dollar to be made here! In historic Charleston, you start off owning the property, and then, the property owns you.

Happy 4th of July! Joe
These users thanked the author imreadonly2 for the post (total 12):
Carl BradfordjeepsterHooked6mikey22Marcellomcojardam1Jon Smithiedtrelskyjean.amelotunderdog_13 and 2 more users

Hooked6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: The History Lesson, by Joe Doe

Post by Hooked6 »

I Loved the humorous yet menacing narrative style laced with pseudo-charm and empathy, yet diabolically confident and domineering. The storyline, with a single point of view setting the imagery and action, was very well done. Who needs dialog with storytelling like this?

My favorite line, without a doubt, has to be: "In historic Charleston, you start off owning the property, and then, the property owns you." Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

Thanks for the holiday gift, Joe.

Hooked6
These users thanked the author Hooked6 for the post (total 3):
imreadonly2Carl Bradfordjeepster

Belinda
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Belinda »

Just found this wonderful story. It is exquisite like all of your work. Makes the slave girl in me blush.
These users thanked the author Belinda for the post (total 2):
Carl Bradfordimreadonly2

Mr. Smith
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr. Smith »

Loved the story. Came across the historical marker for Payne and Sons below. Now I am wondering if Joe ever visited the Old Slave Mart in Charleston.

Now I am wondering if Joe ever visited the Old Slave Mart in Charleston.
https://charlestonscvisitors.com/index. ... useum-home
These users thanked the author Mr. Smith for the post (total 4):
jeepsterHooked6Belindaimreadonly2

imreadonly2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by imreadonly2 »

Joe visited both the Old Slave Mart and took a picture of that historic plaque. The interior of the story was inspired by The Blind Tiger Pub, which is the building the plaque is attached to. I try to draw as much inspiration from real places and people as possible, as I think it makes the stories more real when you can drop in all those little details about the floor and ceiling and such. :-) THANKS for noticing!

These users thanked the author imreadonly2 for the post (total 3):
Hooked6Carl Bradfordjeepster