Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

Tracey Identifies as...Story Idea.

For the discussion of general embarrassment/humiliation that doesn't fit in the other two categories.
Citizen1069
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tracey Identifies as...Story Idea.

Post by Citizen1069 »

Tracey Identifies as...

With summer break coming Tracey and Penny have spent their time and money on school and not saving for a vacation. Emily, Tracey and Penny's roommate, has saved just enough for herself but has no one to go with her.

Emily comes up with an idea how Tracey and Penny can take a vacation with her at no extra cost, they just have to identify as an Emotional Support Animals.

The law states that an Emotional Support Animal has to fly for free, and they also have to except what someone Identifies as without question.

The Airline will comply with the law, but that doesn't mean they have to be nice about it. Tracey and Penny have to ride in a cage in the cargo hold, without clothes so they will not “overheat” even though they will be more cold than hot.

When they get to the destination, because They arrive as a Service Animals, they are required to be registered as pets. Tracey and Penny cannot change their statis because the return tickets show them also leaving as a Service Animals, so they must remain as one the entire time they are there.

What if Tracey is pet-napped? Will the local police help, or is pet theft a low priority crime? What if Emily runs out of time and has to return without her? If they do find her after Emily has gone home, will she have the time (school finals) or the money (for a round trip ticket) to claim her? Or will Tracey be declared abandoned after 30 days and auctioned off to a new owner?

Emily is not rich, so what if she gets a very good offer for her “Service Animals”?

What if Penny forgoes registration because she doesn't like what they will do to her, only to be mistaken for a stray. Will Emily even think about checking the local “doggie jail” to find her, or will she only check the hospitals and police stations. How will Penny get along with the other “pets” locked up with her?
These users thanked the author Citizen1069 for the post (total 6):
jeepsterRubberDuck76LoyalHounddtrelskyjardam1TauriRed

LoyalHound
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tracey Identifies as...Story Idea.

Post by LoyalHound »

Very interesting idea. I can see a bunch of bureaucratic variations as the system takes their assertion of identity seriously and follows thru, enforcing it's regulations with blind indifference and threats of criminal and civil penalties for non-compliance.

I'm working on a first draft of chapter one now. Expect it in a few day. If anyone else want's to take a crack at it, I don't see any reason why we can't have multiple variations of the same story.

FYI, I am making progress on Chapter 4 of "The Cost of My Dreams", but it will be a while before that's done.