Please don't forget to leave feedback on the stories you read!

Story brainstorming?

Other or miscellaneous topics of discussion. You can also post praises, criticism or proposals for the board administration here.
Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Story brainstorming?

Post by Survivor29 »

I have a habit of saving stories into word and then editing them. The main reason I do this is because I find it easier to read (lots of sites such as sexstories have styles that just hurt my eyes) and also because I am very picky about my kinks and almost every single story has some element that turns me off even if I like the story overall so I need to edit that part out. Anything from violence being too extreme to something unhygienic. As far as kinks go, I think I am relatively vanilla.

Okay so I guess I wanted to make a thread for discussing story ideas. Lately, I have really enjoyed the modern slavery setting found in stories by Katie Smith about Tracey Smith (that's a big one), stories by Joe Doe, Hooked6, and some of the new stuff by Gary here though I am not always on the same page as him, lol.

However, I thought his discussion thread was a really good idea. I couldn't really contribute to it more as I didn't really understand the inspiration from the TV show or the general idea at first, but I have generally been liking his Claire and Amy stories and their modern slavery themes.

I myself am not any kind of writer, but I do feel like I kind of do okay with editing and idea discussion. I guess I could never see myself writing a book, but I could see myself in a boardroom with script writers pitching ideas and editing scripts. Something like that. I'm not really much of a writer or anything, but I do edit stories I like a lot just because it's really hard to find a story that is perfectly to my tastes so often I will edit out the more hardcore stuff. Or sometimes there is an idea in it that I really like but which isn't really explored very much.

So for example, in Katie Smith's modern slavery stories with the character Tracey Smith, the world building/story set up is often really good imo. The female slavery act is explained and a few anecdotes are put in and so on. I especially like when the attitudes are explained and the nuanced differences between free girls and slaves are explained with free girls being technically free, but generally treated as either second class citizens or yet-to-be registered slaves.

I like when the women are submissive to the men in general, whether they are free or not, but then also bitchy to each other, again whether they are free or not. For example, slave girls will always obey men, or even boys, but will only obey a stronger more dominate woman. So, if the free girl shows weakness, the slave girls are prone to disobedience or sabotaging the free woman, depending on the circumstances stealing her clothes, shoes, money, IDs, phone, etc, collaring her, misfiling or falsifying paperwork, and that sort of stuff.

Katie Smith stories have a lot of variety, but in general the girls are usually not worth much and I don't really like that. I prefer for the girls to range from moderate to high value. I think that makes it more interesting and I don't really like any of the stuff that relates to them being low value like throwing them away or abusing them for no reason.

But anyway I was saying about stuff I like in the setting up of the world. I like immersive details like only free women can wear shoes so even though it's not technically correct people will assume a shoeless girl is a slave. I also prefer if slaves CAN wear clothes, but it's at the choice of their master. I like this because that way it's easier for free girls and slave girls to get mixed up. A girl could just be in a shoe store and then her own shoes and purse are stolen while she is trying some shoes on, and then without ID to prove she is free and without her shoes, she gets into some embarrassed situations with fewer and fewer clothes.

One of the things recently that kind of gave me a spark for a story idea is free women's rights being reduced slowly over time. Ideas like minor parking violations being punished with slavery or free women losing the right to own property or drive or whatever.

Tracey Smith stories were such an inspiration that at first I just called the character Tracey because honestly Tracey Smith stories are one of the main good modern slavery enf stories out there that I know of, but I've changed the character to Alison, but it's just a girl in a modern slavery world setting and it could theoretically be in the same universe.

My idea premise: Alison is a free girl whose car gets stolen. She’d reported it stolen straight away and miraculously the police actually found it, but by then it had become illegal for females to own or drive cars so they let the car thief keep it!

Alison is innocent of the minor parking violation because, of course, her car was stolen and the violation was committed by the thief. The police declined to prosecute due to “lack of evidence”.

Even worse, the thief had committed several minor driving infractions and because the car was registered in her name the fines had been sent to her! Absurdly, one of the fines was for registering a car to a female! The letter she had received from the government had been very frightening, it said she could dispute the fines, but that if she lost the punishments would be even worse so Alison just plead guilty and agreed to pay the fines.

When she goes to pay the fines, she is technically a prisoner (and in essence, a government owned slave?) during processing at the government centre. She gets a criminal record because she plead guilty. She has her mug shot taken, naked of course. She doesn't have enough money to pay all the fines, and she is nearly enslaved, but because it is her first offense she is able to work off the debt doing jobs for the government at a garnished wage. E.g. she has to substitute teach at a public school or wherever and the pay is only $8/hr but $5 goes towards paying off her fines and no matter how difficult the job she can't quit or she will be sold as a slave to pay off the fines.

I'm not much of a writer and my thoughts are quite messy, but I have sort of been making a story for myself (not writing anything original) by sort of mixing and matching different things I liked from stories I have read here and other places. Mainly by Katie Smith, Joe Doe, etc. Just sort of an amalgamation of different things I liked which I think fit well together.

SteveBurke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Story brainstorming?

Post by SteveBurke »

Seems you already have a story idea - are you looking for writing tips or something else?
"Spread your legs and BEND OVER!" :twisted:

Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Survivor29 »

Yes?

I dunno, lol.

SteveBurke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SteveBurke »

Well, if you want to write, start by sketching out a story plan - what story do you want to tell?

Write some character descriptions. Establish the scenario, and decide what elements you want to include. (All these can change of course). Then start writing whichever scenes come to you first - you can put them together later in editing. Often I know how a story will end before I know how it begins.
"Spread your legs and BEND OVER!" :twisted:

Survivor29
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Survivor29 »

I don't often read stories from the pov of a man, though I have read a few before that were really good. I think what can ruin that type of story for me is OVER describing the man in arbitrary ways that make it hard for me to imagine myself as him, anything stupid like having a mohawk or over emphasising his race or something, but I was just thinking how good the modern slavery settings would be for such a story.

Wouldn't a story about a normal guy in a modern (female) slavery setting have potential?